Thursday, October 29, 2009

MY FAVOURITE DANCER (CHOICE OF THE WEEK)

Misha Gabriel

This week, the choice of my favourite dancer is Misha Gabriel. This astounding hip hopper has worked with the best of the best, choreographing for pop culture icons such as Usher, Justin Timberlake, and even Michael Jackson. In fact, Misha was supposed to go on tour with Michael Jackson just before he passed away. Now living in L.A, he resumes his career by teaching at several workshops and choreographing for many other hip hop stars.

Believe it or not, Misha Gabriel is actually a friend of a friend of mine. Several of my performances have been choreographed by Misha and taught to me through our mutual friend. Although these choreographies were very difficult to learn, it has been most enjoyable to master the techniques. I find the challenge highly invigorating.

Amongst all the solo dancers of today’s world, Misha Gabriel is undoubtedly my favourite. His talent is a continuing source of inspiration for me and drives me to work harder on my technique. If you wish to see a snippet of one of Misha Gabriel’s choreographies, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment